Thursday, March 25, 2010

Clara and Emma's Model Seder

It was yet another morning of a fashion situation for Clara. Today, she was okay with the outfit- since it has its own "tutu," but didn't like the socks. So, she picked out new socks. And, she pulled her leggings up and stretched her socks all the way up. She's been at this for several weeks.. maybe she should move to the Lower East Side?

Mommy also told the ladies that they were going on a trip (Mommy has been preparing them). Clara looked at Mommy and said "I need to pack blankie and umm sheep and umm rabbit and umm backpack."

Clara and Emma enjoyed a Model Seder at school this morning for Passover. Mommy volunteered and helped prepare all of the things for the seder and then was greeted with both Clara and Emma walking in and running with smiles for hugs.The table was set with the haggadahs and the frogs that the ladies made.

Clara and Emma enjoyed drinking grape juice out of the little kiddush cup. In fact, Emma kepts saying "more juice in my kiddush cup." Emma loved dipping the parsley in the salt water and actually ate it, liked it enough and wanted to do it again. They also loved the matzah and the eggs. And, the macaroons and chocolate lollipops were enjoyed too!

Clara and Emma enjoyed singing the songs, especially where they got to "build", jumping like frogs, and dancing to "Bshana Habaha Byerushalim," (Next Year In Jerusalem). Emma and Clara put the frogs on their fingers (like they do with raspberries) and said "puppet."

On the way home from Target, this was Clara and Emma's conversation:

Clara: Abra Cadabra, you tiger
Emma: No, I don't want to be a tiger. I want to be Emma. MOMMY, I don't want to be a tiger. (crying)
Clara: Okay. Abra Cadabra, you Emma.
Emma: Mommy, she keeps turning me to a tiger (whining) I want to be Zoe or Abby
Clara: Abra Cadabra, you Zoe.
Emma: Okay. Mommy, yay! She made me Zoe.
Emma: Mommy, I want to be you.
Clara: Abra Cadabra, you Mommy